CW

Don't know if it's that low but close. They will keep taxing it until their
tax base dries up and it starts costing the tax payers money. When taxes get
high enough on it, there will be large scale tobacco smuggling. The majority
will be buying illegal tobacco thus not paying taxes. Law enforcement will
spent time trying to catch tobacco smugglers. That will cost money. The huge
amount of revenue generated now from tobacco taxes will have to be made up
for somehow so other taxes will go up. Any time I run into one of these anti
tobacco zealots, I ask him how much he is willing to pay to get people to
quit smoking. Few have thought this through.

"Another Phil" NoSpamming@one two three four five.com wrote in message
- I keep hearing the rumor that the material to make cigarettes and cost

of
manufacturing, transportation, and retail store profit is less than 40 or

50
cents.
- The rest is taxes. Sin Taxes.

Just to stir the kettle.