Roger Taylor

I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

You can construct a one-way door out of 1/2 inch galv. hardware cloth,
making a funnel shaped cone, with wires extending from the narrow end, that
would point outwards from the soffit. This allows birds to leave, but they
cannot re-enter. You can get some idea of how to make it from pics of wire
bird traps shown on Tomahawk Trap Company website - google for it. Be sure
to wait till the babies are out, and the birds may leave on their own at
that time anyway....
I've used similar construction, using fine screen, to eliminate wasps living
inside our house walls.