Bill Waller

On 29 Apr 2005 13:35:23 -0700, "Senin" wrote:

I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

I had a similar problem with owls many years ago. I set up a couple of bright
lights in the attic for about two weeks. The constant "daylight" discouraged
them. Before I closed up the large vent that they had ripped open, I set up a
clagston (sp) horn from my junk box and made a lot of noise for a bout an hour.
When I checked, they had left the building.

I promptly put up 2x4 wire covered with 1/2" mesh and finally regular window
screening over the vent. It took a lot of work to remove the nest.

Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA