machineman

David Courtney wrote:

We use the "slip-plate" type of graphite paint (sold at farm

implement

dealers for grain elevators & such) on the underside of our

snowmobile

chassis' to shed snow & ice... and I've used it on the business end

of

lawnmowers & snowblowers.
http://www.slipplate.com/
It works well, but is kind of messy if you rub up against it...
hopefully not an issue under mower decks or inside snowblower chutes!

LOL

David

I'd have to second that for Slip Plate paint. My dad tried a lot of
stuff on his snow plow blade, Slip Plate worked the best to keep the
snow from sticking. Applied it over a coat of Rustoleum, then masked
off the black face and painted narrow diagonal yellow stripes on it. I
never thought of using it under a mower deck, I'll have to try that.
We used to get it from TSC, I'm sure other ag equipment dealers would
probably have it.

Stan

We did some repairs on a local municipal snow plow truck a couple of
months ago. I was suprised to see the blade area is just a frame with a
large sheet of 1/2" uhmw providing the surface for deflecting the snow.
Of course the blade is steel, but the open frame and plastic must
reduce the weight and make repairs much easier.