HotRod

I've applied and used Teflon (At work) for years, the reality is that you
can spray it at home and bake it in your own oven. The biggest problem is
putting the coating on to thick and having it blister, Teflon is a nice but
it just won't last through abuse. If I really wanted to protect something
I'd be looking at Nylon powder coating, or Nylon/Teflon coating. Teflon
scratches to easy and will never last. You can apply Teflon at home if you
have a nice clean shop, sand blaster, and oven. Otherwise find a local shop
and work something out, if your not in a hurry things can be done very
reasonable. I'd be willing to pass on the name of the company in the Sarnia
(Ontario) / Port Huron MI if you like.