Roger Shoaf

How about something simple like an A frame? If you designed this right, you
could rig it to do the lifting, then slip dollies under what ever you needed
to move. When not needed, You could fold it up and stow it.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I use an engine hoist in my shop to move machines around. I originally

rented
them as I needed them for about $35/day but that got old. Then I got a

2-ton
old-school import engine hoist. It worked OK but took up a ton of room in
my shop. Next I moved to a 2-ton folding model, which I have now. It works
OK but there is less room between the legs than the non-folding model, and
really, there isn't enough room between the legs. Also, it's built very
lightly and so to lift 2 tons you have to retract the boom fully, and I
need the capability to lift 2 tons with a boom as long as mine is fully
extended. The answer is to fabricate one, which I can certainly do. I'm
wondering if other guys have "been there done that" and can give me any
pointers. I have a bit of steel in my scrap rack at present that I'd like
to use up, and this would be a useful way to do it.

GWE