TheNewGuy

Barry & Swingman,

A question for ya: why have the jig run in the miter slot, instead of
just running/referencing it along the fence?

I would think there would be less fussing with getting the workpiece
perfectly setup on the sled: i.e., with the mitre track version, you
have to set the workpiece angle AND distance perfectly before clamping;
if the whole sled/jig was instead referenced from the TS fence, then
you only have to get the angle right, and finetune the distance w/ the
fence setting.

Or am I missing something.

Thanks,
Chris

B a r r y wrote:
Swingman wrote:
I quickly fabricated the simple tapering jig mentioned in FWW's
recent "Power Tools" edition.

Big difference, and a pleasure, and much safer, to use:

Very similar to the version I've been using for years.

Too simple to make not to use.

http://www.bburke.com/wood/images/Skinnysledtaper2.jpg

Barry