Rick

On 23 Apr 2005 09:10:46 -0700, "Digby" wrote:

My wife (God Bless her) wants me to move the washing machine into the
outhouse.
Well that's fine - I had nothing planned for the month !
I have power and can easily get water supply BUT the outhouse is lower
than the main drain cover (although not lower than the take away from
the drain).
Is it possible to push the waste water uphill so I can branch into an
existing waste drain ??
Or is there some clever workaround ??
Suggestions gratefully received.

You can buy various foul water pumps, however the water will be pumped
to a height of about the top of the machine by the machine itself,
this may give you some advantage depending on where you can run the
pipes.

I would break into the drain at a lower point, its a bit of work to
dig the soil away, and rebuild the bricks but not a huge job.

Rick