Lost in Translation

Is it possible this could be from occasional air in the water lines? On
occasion, I'll note that I get a "spitting" sound as water is filling the
machine and I'll hear a slight buzz that goes with it but it usually goes
away on it's own before the machine is finished filling.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello.

I have a kitchenaid washing machine. Recently it began making a
buzzing noise before a cycle or before the spin cycle. It happens when
the water is filling into the machine.

Thinking that my fill hoses were old (approx 4 years), I replaced them.
After replacing, the noise remained.

If the noise starts, I can stop the washer and restart and the noise
will end.

The noise sounds similar to the sound you get when you release air from
a balloon (high pitched).
Any ideas?

thanks