Alan Simpson

Default egg/sulphur smells from washing machine

thanks OldScrawn (??),

the only problem with that explanation is that it uses the same waste
stack, trap and drain as the kitchen sink and when we use the kitchen
sink, there is never such a smell.

It is only when the washing machine is draining that you can smell
this, so we're inclined to point the finger there. Also we have
already found some miscellaneous items, including a sock, in the pump
drain at the bottom of the washing machine. Hence the washing machine
does seem to be a reasonable culprit.

We are happy to be shown to be wrong though.

(OldScrawn) wrote in message ...
I'd bet it is associated with the waste stack, trap, or drain rather than the
pump or hoses.