PrecisionMachinisT

"Julie P." wrote in message

I just don't want to spend almost $400 more on an IR compressor, which is
also 60 gallon, if it won't actually be that much more powerful.

So I would like to know if the Craftsman Professional 60 gallon compressor
will meet all of my needs? Or is the IR one really much better?

Those Sears oil-less units will self destruct within a few years at
best--been there, done that (several times, in fact)....never again!!!

They run skinny cast aluminum piston rods at 3600 rpms and they use plastic
'rings'...the compressor mount platform will crack where its welded to the
tank from vibration....the rods will crack and turn the whole pump into
scrap metal....the cooling fan is porrly balanced and is made out of an
unsuitable plastic for the application...this will often crack and
break.....to top it off....they are terribly noisey too...the list goes on
and on....I still have 2 compressor carcasses out back of the shop.....and a
stock of "spare parts" in our maintenance stores...from back in the days
when I had thought_ just _maybe_ they would work the ****ing bugs out of
their 'design'....

Avoid_the_Sears_oil-less_at_all_costs.......they *will* eventually
morph...( into air-less compressors )

====

OTOH...I've had fairly good luck with the homeowner CH compressors...running
them continuously 40 hours/week and with a duty cycle that approaches 80% at
times....

--

SVL