World Traveler

A friend swept mortar into the cracks of his paving block driveway -- which
he had constructed himself, but very professionally. It looked beautiful,
and we're getting ready to test that concept on an enclosed patio to see if
it will also help keep down any weeds that might try to grow in the
cracks. -- Regards
"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
"Joseph Meehan" writes:
Likely you need a little finer sand. That said, I think any sand will
do that in the beginning. Just keep adding a little and sweeping it in.
Each time you will need less and eventually it will be down to once every
few years.

One trick i've heard of (but not used) is to sweep a little portland
cement into the cracks. Essentially you are making a really weak
concrete. Should be soft enough to scrape out with a stick, but
strong enough to not be washed away.

I imagine it might reduce the drainage properties of the surface.. and
it may have other consequences. Any masons out there know the ins and
outs of this method?

--
be safe.
flip