The Real Tom

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:32:11 -0400, "Beeper"
wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, local goverment does not have any
answers as of yet either. I was under the impression that the state code

So, if your local codes aren't in effect you need to follow state
codes, and I am told PA still adopted 2002, and soon 2005NEC's will be
in effect in a few months. So follow the NEC.

would eliminate one municipalitiy from making it's own rules to suit its

NO. Nec can only be made more restrictive.

needs and also to eliminate less than standard work. As far as me not
knowing the codes because I can't answer my own question? Electrical codes
I'm ok with. Political codes are another thing. Thanks for the reply.
Insurance wise, I can go out and buy umpteen amounts of insurance to cover
my electrical work without even being an electrician or showing proof as
such.

Oh, sure they will take your money, but I really have concerns if they
will ever pay if it's work done by yourself, on your own house.

Good luck,and btw, if you have this many questions about codes, I
wouldn't do residential work. Get some training at your local votech,
so you better understand the codes.

imho,

tom

"tm" wrote in message
In article ,
"Beeper" wrote:

Pennsylvania has adopted a new state code this year. Not being a licensed
electrician in the state of Pa, Am I permitted to do the wiring of my
newly
constructed home so long as I comply with all inspections?

Beeper, I am trained usenet answer person. My magic eight balls says,
" Perhaps, check back later".

I am employed as an industrial electrician, Therefore I do not need to be
licensed at my job. If anything, what would I need to do, to do my own
home
wiring. Again, new construction.

Again, as a trained usenet answer person- buy oven mitts, the kind
with a metal facing on the palm. You can't go wrong wiring a house
wearing them.