Bob Haar

On 2005/4/11 8:33 AM, "Tech-Home" wrote:

I'm looking at building my own kitchen cabinets but would like some
information about doing this.

I would not recommend this as your first project in cabinet construction. It
can be a big job and the end product is usually in a place of high
visisbility. On the other hand, if you have experience in woodworking for
other kinds of furniture grade projects, then you should be OK. The joinery
and finishing is pretty standard. Getting drawers that hold up and fit well
is probably the most challenging part.

Any sites you can recommend? Or books?

Try the rec.woodworking newsgroup. For books, I recommend The Complete
Illustrated Guide to Furniture and Cabinet Construction by Andy Rae. This is
part of a series by Taunton Press that I like.