Mike

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
I can see no sensible way of routing a gravity condensate drain from

our
proposed boiler location into an existing drain. (The location would

be
in a 'boiler cupboard' where the existing floor standing boiler would

be
replaced by a wall mounted unit.) Whichever route would cut across a
doorway.

There appear to be two options a) a soakaway and b) a condensate pump.

For us, even routing pumped condensate would be awkward. So I am taken
with the idea of a soakaway. I have looked up the basic details on the
ODPM site and we appear fine. But in newsgroup archives I noticed that
the Environment Agency apparently have rules that inhibit use of such
soakaways in some places. Does anyone have more information on this
issue?

There don't appear to be hard and fast rules but we got a flat 'no' and

have
had to use a non-condensing boiler as a result.

Because of the drain or the plume? The only real point to have
non-condensers in flats is the plume.

The drain. If you recall discussions at the time my only alternative was a
condensate pump into barrels but nobody would quote for removing what is
classed as hazardous waste.