Pete C

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:30:31 GMT, "Rodders"
wrote:

Hi, Wickes are presently doing an offer for their 15.6V Drill / Driver. It has a 10mm keyless chuck, variable speed, 1.2Ah battery and charger for £19.99.

Can anyone tell me if this would be up to general DIY about the house and garden. Also, can someone explain to me what the 15.6 V and 1.2Ah battery means. I see apparantly less powerful machines for treble the price at Screwfix.

Thanks

Rory

Hi,

Try getting one with 2 batteries, as it's much easier to use/charge
them in rotation and there is always at least a full battery in hand.

Froogle is a good way to check up on current deals:

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?price1=9.98&price2=&btnP=Go&q=cordless+dri ll&scoring=p&price=between

Robert Dyas do an 18v with 2 batts for £20, Argos do a 14.4v with 2
batts and fast charger for £25,

cheers,
Pete.