"Rodders" wrote in message

Hi, Wickes are presently doing an offer for their 15.6V Drill /

Driver. It has a 10mm keyless chuck, variable speed, 1.2Ah battery and
charger for =A319.99.

try he
http://www.silverlinetools.com/shop/...rTools/d9/sd24

Can anyone tell me if this would be up to general DIY about the

house and garden.

probably, upto a point. I would want a mains power tool first though,
if youve not got one then forget the codless things. One of those and
nothing else wont get you that far.

Also, can someone explain to me what the 15.6 V and 1.2Ah battery

means.

Battery pack capacity is 15.6v x 1.2Ah =3D 18.7 watt hours. Not a lot!
Realise of course that when used in a power tool you wont get anywhere
near the optimistic ideal conditions 18wh rating.

I see apparantly less powerful machines for treble the price at

Screwfix.

Volts is not power. They dont ever tell you the power output of these
things, cos if you knew you wouldnt buy them. Get mains unless you need
the codless feature.

NT