JJM

Default "fake" wood on the exterior

Well. after 17 years, it has come time to replace the brick moulding
and the rest of the trim around the front door and garage. I was in
the Depot and saw what they were selling as solid 3/4" "vinyl" to be
used in place of pine for the exterior. Expensive at about $18 for a
10' length that is 8" wide but if I never have to worry about rot,
etc. perhaps it may be worth it.

As expected, no one there could answer my questions so here goes...

I need to paint it to match the house. Does it need to be primed or
just put on the finish coat?

Fasten with finish nails or construction adhesive?

Thanks in advance.