Robatoy

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

I do kitchen cabinets and my prices are quite reasonable. I typically
charge 4 to 5 times my cost in materials. I beat the pants off of similar
prefab cabinet pricing and installation. If you can do it, you will come
out thousands ahead.

I'm installing a solid surface countertop, Thursday, on a set of
cabinets bought from HD. When I took the template last week, I got into
a lenghty discussion with the home-owner about the saving etc.
He popped open his laptop and showed me about a dozen spreadsheets. That
couple sure did their homework. Very revealing, to say the least.
Bottom line?
They ended up with a new 16ga undermount stainless steel sink, 20 feet
of solid surface material (mine) installed, a set of Kohler taps and all
the taxes paid...basically for free.
You bet your a*ss it's worth it. They learned as they went along....took
their time.

A jigsaw and a cordless drill. Period.

He did mention he had some issues regarding the sizes of the cabinets he
ordered, delaying the completion by about 3 weeks. Home Depot's fault on
2 cabinets, one fault his, and one mislabelled.