Mary Fisher

Default Is scrap copper worth anything nowadays?

"William McNicol" wrote in message
om...
John Rouse wrote in message

In article , William
McNicol writes
Is it likely to be worth the trouble of cutting up to fit in the
car to sell for scrap? What sort of price /Kg would I get? (Should I
remove fittings or just leave them on?)

Its many years since I weighed-in any lead, but the chap advised me at
the time that if I cut out the sweated joints from the lead pipe he
would pay twice as much for those as for the pipe with joints.

J.

Thanks for all the advice folks.

I think I'll encourage my 15 year old son to sort it out for a share
of the profits... He seems to like the idea!

Yes, it's the modern version of collecting jars and bottles to return to
shops and pubs ... oh happy days ;-)

Mary

Cheers,

William.