sofie

You dodged a bullet here.. In most cases, the fuse will blow because some
other downstream part in the power supply has failed.
Sometimes... as you had the good fortune to find out, the fuse will "pop"
before the other parts, or the fuse will just fatigue with age and blow for
no other reason than it was time for it to fail.
Certainly replacing the fuse is a good "novice" troubleshooting first
step..... however I have had stuff brought into my shop where the original 1
or 2 amp fuse was replace with a much higher amp rating or even tin foil or
a bolt in place of the proper fuse. Not only is this a real FIRE and SAFETY
hazard but also much, much more expensive damage can be easily done to the
equipment. I have even had so-called technical types tell me that this is
a good troubleshooting method because they look for the smoke to find the
problem..... LOL but true.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

wrote in message
ups.com...
I got a pack of 4 fuses for $2.50 from Radio Shack. I replaced the fuse
and the VCR is working perfectly now. It's a Panasonic VCR and it's the
best one I ever had. Never gives me problems.