Joseph Meehan

Choreboy wrote:
It's a gusty day. I was in a house across the street when a light
flickered for two seconds. Digital equipment in three rooms had to be
reset: microwave, answering machine, computer, and television.

I've always assumed such flickering comes from arcing in a
transmission line, but digital clocks in two other rooms were not
affected. The same transformer supplies my house, and none of my
digital equipment was affected.

What could cause power fluctuations that would affect household
electronics on some circuits but not others?

Choreboy

I suggest that you may want to invest into some whole house surge
protectors in addition to any point source protection you now have or may
add. That kind of problem can be an indication of possible surge problems.
Most newer equipment is less sensitive to surge issues and they also are
better able to maintain a few seconds of outage and still maintain their
internal memory. I suspect what you found was that some of your equipment
is older or of low quality than those that maintained their time.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math