jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

But (shrug), I've said what I wanted to say. Bush's plan is
absurd on the face of it, and won't come to anything but a lot
of talk. For which we should be thankful, because otherwise
we would REALLY be in trouble...

Whaddaya mean, "absurd"? All we have to do is finance it with a couple of
trillion $ of Treasury bonds. Of course, the questionable nature of Treasury
bonds, when used to finance future SS payments, is the problem itself. ...

No no no. That's no problem at *all*.

We're running the entire friggin COUNTRY that way right now.
A few extra pennies for SS would be way far down in the noise.

Jim

please reply to: