Mash

My mother used to make a recipe similar to this. I plan on giving this
newly found recipe a try later this week.

As to meat loaf falling apart, it's best to let the meat loaf rest a
few minutes before removing from the pan and cutting.

Mary
who used to post here as smile...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Top-Stove Meat Loaf

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs -- fine
10 3/4 ounces tomato soup, condensed
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg -- slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash pepper -- generous dash
1 tablespoon shortening
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard -- processed cheese
2 slices American cheese

Mix thoroughly beef, crumbs, 1/4 cup soup, onion, egg and seasonings.
Shape firmly into 2 loaves; brown on both sides in skillet in
shortening (to turn loaves use a pancake turner). Cover; cook over low
heat 25 minutes. Spoon off fat. Stir in remaining soup, water, mustard.
Top loaves with cheese. Uncover; cook 10 minutes. Serves 4 to 6.

Oven Method: Mix and shape as above. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40
minutes. Spoon off fat. Pour remaining soup (omit water) mixed with
mustard on loaves; top with cheese. Bake until cheese melts. Serves 4
to 6.

"Campbell Soup"
-

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 596 Calories; 46g Fat (69.9%
calories from fat); 30g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
163mg Cholesterol; 1167mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 7 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0