Steve Manes

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:53:32 GMT, Beartums wrote:
While I believe the optimal placement of the radiator would be on the
floor, the sizing of the radiator is MUCH more important, and the saving of
floor space in this case is more important that the minimal increase in
heating efficiency.

As you said, heat goes up, not out, so it probably doesn't make a big
difference. Most of the heat in that room will be cooler air dropping
from the ceiling (which is why ceiling fans work well even in the
winter).

I once had a basement apartment with steam heat. Since the boiler was
on the same floor but about 40 feet away, the radiators were mounted
up near the ceiling. It was the hottest apartment I ever had.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs