Ken Weitzel

Ross Herbert wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:16:21 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Hi Dave...

If you have Radio Shack stores or an equivalent down under,
then look for a spray can of "tuner control cleaner and lubricant"
Radio Shack's part number is 64-4315

A heads up though; it's a bit pricey imho. 4.5 ounce can is
about 11 canadian dollars. (our dollar is about the same as
yours)

They have Rat Shack and Dick Smith.

Yes, but both Dick Smith and Tandy (Radio Shack in US) are owned by
Woolworths in Australia. Unfortunately, the product lines in the Tandy
stores are becoming the same as in Dick Smith stores. Whereas once you
could buy some of the US Radio Shack stores products in the Tandy
stores out here, no longer is it the case. It is therefore not
possible to buy the Radio Shack tuner control cleaner and lubricant
out here.

The three major sources of cleaner/lubricant sparay cans in Australia
are;

Electrolube (OP already knows this)
http://www.electrolube.co.uk/docs/contactlube.html

CRC Industries
http://www.crcindustries.com.au/cata...t?openDocument

Richard Foot http://www.rfoot.com.au/

Products from these 3 company's are available from WES Components. I
can ony leave it up to the OP to make his own decision as to which
product suits his requirements but I have used the RF64 contact
cleaner lubricant from Richard Foot without any problems.

Hi...

Woolworth's still exists in Australia? Here (Canada) it
became known as Woolco many years ago, and then about 5 years
ago was taken over by the durned WalMart.

Sure is getting to be a confusing world for an old guy.
I remember when it was the Tandy Leather Company; a mail
order house in Chicago.

Ken