Ted

Would extending the flue upwards make any difference?

As long as the flue position is in accordance with the regs
BS5440-1(2000) and Approved Doc J

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...reg_032737.pdf
and the boiler mfr's instructions
(in your boiler manual) then you'll be OK. However the manufacturer may
not allow you sufficient flue extensions to get the flue to a
satisfactory position so you may have to re-site the boiler instead.

Thanks,

Looking at the manual it says:

- Maximum straight flue length permissible is 2500mm, including the flue
turret fitted to the top of the boiler.
- When using two flue bends (inclusive of the flue turret supplied with the
standard flue kit) maximum straight extended flue length must not exceed
1750mm.

Now aside from the intial bend (or turret assembly), I reckon I've got 800mm
of straight flue to the outside. I think the extra length is achievable if
it really is as simple as putting an extra 90 degree bend on the outside and
a vertical bit to take it upwards..or am I missing something?

Ted