jakdedert

worldcitizen wrote:
Maxy888 wrote:
Hello,

I would like to change the manual volume potentiometer of my
integrated amplifier with a motor-driven potentiometer which must be
infrared controlled.

My question is simple...

How do I do that?

I've already chosen the potentiometer, what do I need now? A servo
control? And what about the infrared control and reciever?

Do you have any idea about some newsgroup I colud ask in?

Thank You

Maybe salvage the remote, reciever, and motors from a cheap RC car
that has at least 2 different control axis like front/back or
forward/turn, you get the idea.
By doing this you won't have to do much more than making everything
attach to your volume control.

NO, no...salvage the entire motorized volume control from one of the
plethora of Technics receivers which are dustbinned daily because the output
chips have blown...and for which replacements are too expensive to
economically fix. Possibly some of those units have the remote
receiver/decoder on a separate board as well.....

jak