Mike

"Ted" wrote in message
k...
Hi, can I have a bit of advice regarding the flue on my 28i Junior

Worcester
and it's distance from my proposed conservatory?

The boiler manual says there should be a 300mm distance from the flue and
any structure. The proposed conservatory placement would leave only about
50mm. What is the deal here, as I keep getting different sets of advice?

Is
the issue the flue, or the fumes from the flue? Although I don't have any
openings on the flue side, my fitter is worried about melting plastic

being
close to the flue. I've spoken to a gas (Corgi) guy who has said that I
shouldn't worry.

What laws/rules am I breaking if I have the flue so close?

Part J of the building regs - table 3.4 on page 43

Would extending the flue upwards make any difference?

Provided you get above the localised roof line then yes.