Ted

Default Boiler flue placement from conservatory -what regulations could I be breakjing?

Hi, can I have a bit of advice regarding the flue on my 28i Junior Worcester
and it's distance from my proposed conservatory?

The boiler manual says there should be a 300mm distance from the flue and
any structure. The proposed conservatory placement would leave only about
50mm. What is the deal here, as I keep getting different sets of advice? Is
the issue the flue, or the fumes from the flue? Although I don't have any
openings on the flue side, my fitter is worried about melting plastic being
close to the flue. I've spoken to a gas (Corgi) guy who has said that I
shouldn't worry.

What laws/rules am I breaking if I have the flue so close? Would extending
the flue upwards make any difference?

Sorry about all the questions! My only option is to go up into one of the
bedrooms and come out higher and within regulation. This would cost a bit of
money as well as losing space in what alraedy is a small bedroom. Any
advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ted