Kevin Brady

Fine - I'll give it a go, I've always enjoyed playing with flames - please
tell me I'll need a big welders mask for something this hardcore.

Sorry - seriously, end feed or capillary ?(is capillary easier/less likely
to leak?)

--
KEVIN BRADY, Oxford
_____________________
"Dave" wrote in message

"Kevin Brady" wrote in message
I'm preparing to carry out extensions to domestic hot & cold water pipes
for a new kitchen & utility.
(A proper plumber is doing anything to do with Gas and central heating
pipes).

This is just a short message to guage support for the various types of
copper pipe fitting available to me.

e.g. Compression, Push Fit (plastic), Push Fit copper (cuprofit), (End

Feed
& Capillary - see below) - any others?

Assume all pipework will be hidden i.e behind/beneath kitchen cupboards,
this does not need to win any beauty contests.

I'm a fairly capable DIYer (and always spend twice as long as I need for
peace of mind), but the thought of solder joints does seem quite
daunting.

get a couple of solder fittings and a bit of pipe and try it - it's very
easy, just make sure the fittings and pipe are clean (wire wool) and use
flux. You'll be soon wondering why you thought it'd be difficult.