WillR

Phisherman:

Just reminded me of something...

Phisherman wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:11:37 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:
=20
=20
My 10 year old Zircon bought the farm today.

Anyone got a favorite they'd like to recommend?

For some reason the Zircon just stopped finding studs! It _appears_
to work, but it seems to be in random mode. Yes, I've changed the
battery... three times!

I had a similar problem with a Zircon. I repainted a wall with Behr=20
paint (a bit aged I will admit) - from a source which shall remain=20
nameless... Then had trouble with the Zircon stud finder. It worked fine =

on other walls.

It also acted up on other recently painted walls. (Still damp/barely=20
dry? :-) )

Suspect that paint composition may be an issue... Most trouble was with=20
high-hiding white.

I have not re-checked the walls since the paint has aged...

Painted the walls in Oct/2004. So if I do re-check I will let you know.

Thanks,
Barry

=20
=20
=20
I have a Zircon and it works just fine for 15 years. It will prick up
changes in density or dangling wires. I used it to install crown
moldings and more recently to find a place to screw in a mounting
plate for a over-the-range microwave. Try your stud finder on
another wall.

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw