Appliance Repair Aid

Fr@nk wrote:
"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Sort of...the key panal and outer buttons are the same parts, the

key
panal is behind the plastic frame and the smart board and metal

frame
are screwed to the plastic frame holding it all together.

(Wow, quick reply!)

OK, I guess I've narrowed it to either the front panel (with the

buttons) or
the power control panel. Looking at the links you gave me (thanks),

the
front panel is $60-ish and the power control panel is ~$150! Yipe!

Heck, I
can buy a new oven for $200.

I'd like to determine if just replacing the cheaper part (the front

panel)
will fix it. Does this narrow it down at all? The bottom row of

buttons on
the front a

---------------------- ----------------------

----------------------
| Work light | | Night light | |
Fan |
---------------------- ----------------------

----------------------

All three buttons beep. Only the far right one (Fan) actually work.

The
other two light buttons just beep; no light comes on or off.

From this can I tell if it's the front button panel OR the power

control
panel inside? Thanks very much.

I can replace one, two, or all three of these separately? It's

not
just one
unit?

All one unit.

And how do I discharge the high voltage capacitor?

These should help...
Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a

insulated
handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the

terminals of
the high voltage capacitor to discharge it. With the microwave
unplugged.

http://www.applianceaid.com/newimages/nuker101.JPG

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hi,

All three buttons beep. Only the far right one (Fan) actually work.

The
other two light buttons just beep; no light comes on or off.

From this can I tell if it's the front button panel OR the power

control
panel inside?

With a noise being made by pressing the key panal pad, that would be a
good sign the key/touch pads are working and the problem is on the main
control/smart board. I'd open it up ( power off first ) and remove the
smart board and inspect front and back side of the board for any burnt
traces first.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/