Sunworshipper

On 14 Mar 2005 09:01:31 -0800, wrote:

I have a 12" Atlas Lathe with the slip clutch on the feed screw. The
slip on the clutch is adjusted by turning a round sleeve with a spanner
hole in it.

Is there a tool made to perform this adjustment? Anybody knows who
sells this tool?

To date, I've been using Vicegrip pliers to tighten the clutch, which
is taking its toll. I'd very much like to adjust the slippage by using
the proper method.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Harry C.

Take it apart and clean it. Mine has been going for years just fine
without adjusting it. IIRC its a leather washer in there that doesn't
like too much oil. I've crashed it a couple of times so I couldn't
have adjusted it too tight. Clean it and keep going tighter and
tighter till the problem goes away.

EEE Vice Grips ! SW who has used Channel Locks in desperation to fix
a tool on the lathe just so work can be done the next day to pay the
bills.