Roger Shoaf

"Bruce W.1" wrote in message
Not sure how you define tough and strong. In all cases I would prefer
the material to bend when it fails, rather than snap and break.

Actually I want to make three parts:
1. A mechanical connector to hold antenna elements (alum. tubes).

For this I like the idea of fiberglass tape and resin that someone else
suggested. That would be easy and plenty strong.

2. Duplicate a metal lock key, for which blanks are no longer available.

What kind of key is this? Most keys are available if you know where to
look. (I am a locksmith)

3. Corner joints for an aluminum backpack frame.

For this check out the local hardware stores plumbing section. Copper pipe
fittings are available in several sizes and if the fit is a little sloppy
you could make a shim out of a soda can and epoxy the whole thing together.
No need to re-invent the wheel.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.