Way Back Jack

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:02:46 GMT, "toller" wrote:

"Way Back Jack" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:24:14 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Why would you choose a switch with 8 or 10 circuit capability if your
generator supports 12?

Cause you simply don't have more than 8 circuits you need to power during
blackout; and all the extra wiring fills up your breaker box pretty fast.
I have a 6 circuit transfer switch and had trouble deciding on the 5th and
6th circuits, as I only really wanted 4.

OK, in your estimation, how many circuits would be typically involved
in this bare-bones scenario:

Refrigerator; oil-fired furnace; well/water storage tank; water
neutralizer/softener; water heater; sump-pump.

If the water heater is 240v, then you have 7 circuits there. All these
items should be on their own circuit. Or is this a trick question?
Adding one circuit for some lights and your TV gets you to 8.
(I don't have a water heater, sumppump, well, or softener; so 4 was plenty
for me.)

No trick question. I'm just stupid on these issues and trying to
learn. Thanks.

Jack