Broadback

chris French wrote:

In message .com, Vaci
writes

I recently got a plumber to do some work on my cast iron soil pipe. He
used some kind of thick, black, soft, sticky tar to seal the connection
between a 40mm waste pipe and the (slightly larger) boss pipe on the
soil stack.

Can anybody tell me exactly what this tar is, and where I can get some?

When I mated a plastic soil pipe into a socket on my CI soil stack I
used some 'roof and gutter ' sealant that I already had. This was not a
normal silicone type sealant, it was black and a bit more
'rubbery/tarry' maybe. Anyway it worked fine.

not sure where it actually came from, but nowhere special, a local shed
or BM I would guess.

It wasn't this brand, but this sounds like it:

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=11002

I know exactly what you mean I bought some myself from a plumbers
merchant in Manchester. Sadly I will not be back to Manchester for a
week, and I cannot remember its name. However I would think most
Plumber Merchants sell it, it comes in a roll of varying widths, the one
I bought cost a little under £6, did the job perfectly, very yucky though.

--
Please do not email me at
All emails to that address are automatically