Jason

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:22:41 -0500, ChazC wrote:

Jason wrote:
Just bought a new Craftsman snowblower back in October.

Used it a total of 5 times, now it won't start or run longer than 30
seconds to 1 minute.

Initially the first two times I used it, it ran fine...but always
sounded as if it was backfiring (only way to describe it).

New gas, and oil (checked)

It started to get progressively worse since then...it has a electric
start.

The third time I used it, it started, then died in the driveway
multiple times....I turned the choke down some and it started and ran
fine.

Same thing happend the fourth time I used it.

Yesterday, I went to start it and the thing will start but runs and
sputters for about 30 seconds then just dies. The engine doesn't
sound like its running full out either. No matter what I do it won't
stay running long. Any ideas?

try loosening the gas cap and see if it runs. it may be that the vents
are plugged

Will give that a try tomorrow. Sears says its under a 2 year warrenty.
They are sending someone out on Wednesday...to bad we are getting
3-8 inches of snow tomorrow and the next day with possible snow the
rest of the week!