Doug Miller

In article , mike wrote:
In article
,
mike wrote:

[snip]

For bathroom ceiling applications, we recommend regular or Type X
board. Simply apply a good quality sealer and two coats of latex based
paint after installation."

OK, that's the manufacturer's opinion on the suitability or necessity of green
board on a ceiling...

So to redirect the thread: would anyone with experience care to give
their opinion on the suitability or necessity of green board on a
ceiling?

What, the manufacturer doesn't have enough experience to suit you? Do you have
a reason to suppose that the opinion of some stranger on Usenet is worth more
than theirs?

Bottom line: you already have your answer. If you want to put greenboard on
your ceiling anyway, nobody's stopping you. I'll tell you one thing, though,
that the manufacturer didn't: greenboard is a *lot* heavier than regular
drywall. I don't see any point in making the job of drywalling a ceiling any
more difficult than it already is.

--
Regards,