The Natural Philosopher

Roy Bean wrote:

I would like to replace our patio with a wider, curved, version, using
sandstone paving slabs that are available locally in three different
widths. I intend mixing the slabs to produce a random effect.

I have tried working this out with pen and paper but it is driving me
bananas. Can anyone recommend some software that will enable me to
experiment with both the overall shape, and the layout of the slabs.
This will be a one of job, so I am looking for something fairly quick,
easy, and cheap, that will give me a rough idea of how many slabs of
each size to order.

Many thanks!

I used Corel draw, and the 'snap to grid' feature.

Oherwise frankly, get a modelling kinfe and some colored cardboard, and
make little model slates up and a big shet to be teh 'garden. amd just
use blu tax to stick em down.

If youu haven't got a cirel draw n yer system, thats far and away the
easiest.

In teh ned, I laid the last bit freehand :-) Somehow the patterns I had
worked out at Her insistence were no longer the patterns She wanted.