Dr. Hardcrab

"a" wrote in message news:fYhXd.606982$Xk.335079@pd7tw3no...
Hi,

I've just come from posting my question at alt.HVAC where I got all kinds
of 'cute' definitions on what TLC and PTU might stand for. The most
intelligent response I got from that group was to try posting my question
here.

Could someone give me the HVAC definitions for 'TLC and PTU' when used
for a gas mid-efficient furnace?

The reason I ask is my daughter's 1993 Lennox G24M2-75A-2
mid-efficient hot surface ignitor furnace has been (IMHO) rapidly
cycling lately.

I came across a service bill at her home from many years ago (before
they bought the home) and it had the notation 'Recommend TLC or PTU'.

So I was thinking - maybe TLC means: Temperature Limit Control? But
PTU?

Sometimes it can mean Tender Loving Care or Precision Tune Up. Or:

http://www.thermometrics.com/assets/images/ptu.pdf