Art

Have you emailed Wayne Dalton site to verify? If that price is accurate and
the only alternative, that sucks. But here is a link to one of their
warranties:

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/files/Ma...00Warranty.pdf

Seems to me it depends on the definition of the word "springs". Just about
everything else is a very long warranty so I presume the spring is
replaceable without replacing the shaft and if the shaft has to be replaced
it should be free.

"DH@OMAN" wrote in message
news

Caution for Wayne Dalton garage door buyers. I also self installed a
Wayne Dalton roll up door and was pleased with the product. That is
until the TorqueMaster torsion shaft broke. I contacted Lowe's, who
referred me to Wayne Dalton, who referred me to a local distributor,
who referred me to a local door installer. The door installer happily
informed me that I could purchase a new TorqueMaster shaft assembly for
a mere $325.00. That seems a little steep considering the entire door
runs for $597.00 and an entire set of conventional springs (4) can be
had for about $80.00. Can the original TorquMaster shaft assembly be
repaired? Or is there distributor for this kind of product?

--
DH@OMAN
DH@OMAN's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=73