SQLit

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am assuming you live in a remote or rural area. You mentioned you
purchased a new antenna, so I will assume you got the biggest antenna
you could get.
Make sure you use twin lead antenna cable. It has low loss. I have a
house in upstate NY in the mountains and live about 40 miles away from
TV stations and I have the biggest antenna you could buy from Radio
Shack mounted on a rotary motor so I can turn the antenna in any
direction. The twin lead is far superior than regular RG6 cable since
the reception is very sensitive in that area. If you want to conduct a
test, take some twin lead and run it down to your TV temporarily and
try it. You should see a big difference.
If you are using twin lead and still have bad reception even after
adjusting the antenna, consider mounting the antenna at a higher
location, if it's not already at the highest spot on your house.

Mikepier has good suggestions. Check the stupid stuff first.
Added to his suggestions
Check the conductor, if clean fine if not clean the corrosion from the
conductor. Then use grease to prevent new corrosion from forming.

There are powered TV signal boosters. They do some good and some bad.
So be aware before you plunk your money down. It should be placed as close
to the antenna as possible. NO I am not saying run a extension cord to the
roof. I installed my booster just before my set in the living room.