Robert Swinney

Not sure about weighting and heat treating aluminum - it sounds like the
source of more problems to me. Several years ago I had a severly warped
aluminum manifold on a small V-8. One clever mechanic recommended epoxy
under a new gasket instead of big $ for a new manifold. I went with his
idea. He kept the car over 24 hours for a "good cure" of the epoxy (I think
he used JB Weld). Success! I drove the car several thousands of miles
afterwards and nary a leak

Bob Swinney

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can an overheated aluminum engine head be heat treated (with weights on
it to keep it flat) to bring back its temper and hardness?

Joe