View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Posts: n/a

mc wrote:
I would pursue the outlet possibility first. Bad wiring in the walls

burn your house down!

Settle down, boys. TV's are ment to be left on all day. The picture
tube is getting hot, and the dust on it smells a bit, maybe even some
plastic parts around the tube getting baked a bit. Leave it on longer.
If the house has correct circuit breakers or proper 15 amp fuses, they
will protect against shorts in the wiring.
Having said that, watch out for aluminum wiring in older houses.
Corrosion at connections can indeed lead to hot spots potential
fire in the walls.