Luigi Zanasi

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:45:06 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

Would that glory which was Rome have been so glorious without the pointy
stick to stake the tents of its vast armies?

Did not the Pre-Socratics base their sacred geometry, resulting in the
golden mean, on the first iterations of the pointy stick?

Let us not forget the skewering of countless barbarians by the Roman
legions. Or for that matter, the post-Socratic uses of pointy sticks by
the Macedonian phalanxes.

And the very Egyptians, themselves, contemplating the true point of a
properly rendered pointy stick; did they not acquire their understanding
of the pyramids through careful consideration of its geometrical
pointyness?

We also need to credit the creators of the pointy stick, the original
Neandertals, whose [who's in wreckspeak] Mousterian tools, scientists have
discovered through microwear analysis, mainly show evidence of
wooddorking.

Not only did the pointy stick allow them to feed themselves by murdering
the mighty mammoth and other gentle tundra creatures, but also to clothe
themselves with their skins.

Nor should we forget the use of the pointy stick in the development of
agriculture where it was used both to plant seeds and harvest root crops.

The much derided humble pointy stick truly deserves whatever paean we give
it. It is at the base of all our human achievements, including the murder
of animals, plants and other humans and hence responsible for our
civilization. Ultimately, all our tools are merely extensions of the
pointy stick.

--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email