Rick

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:38:07 -0000, "r.p.mcmurphy"
wrote:

hi all, i am looking for advice in how to lay a stepping stone type path way
for my garden. i am hoping to use reclaimed yorkstones or similar and to
have them at a level of the base other the grass so i can drive my mower
over them whilst cutting the grass. i have a pal who has a wacker plate and
i was thinking of just running the plate over the area i am going to path
and removing the turf to match the stones shape and dropping the stone in.
is this ok...or is it gonna be a lot more work?

Steve

Wot I did for me mum, was to cut out the turf arround the stone, level
the hole with sand, and put in the stone, so the mower can run over
the top.

One of the sank, so we lifted it, put in more sand, and put it down
again.

Now I could have made a concrete base for them all, but if she wants
to get rid of them in future, which is likley, it would be a big job,
and putting extra sand in once a year makes me dad feel usefull.

Rick