Edward Grant

In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
What microwave brands are considered good quality with good repair
records? Apparently Maytag bought Amana, and I know Amana used to be
very good. I'm looking for high quality, with fan/vent through the
wall, non-convection, and very basic without a lot of confusing menus
and controls. Thanks

You may want to check out Consumer Reports magazine.

Personally I think I would avoid that idea. To start with it can't do
it any good by placing it in a hot area. The real problem as I see it has
been asked here a number of times. It goes out and the repair cost is more
than the original cost or on occasion it is not repairable and there is no
way to find a replacement that will fit in the same space.

Avoid Maytag or anything connected with them.