curmudgeon

Even the best "sealers" will not last over 18 months. And they all work
pretty much the same way. If you don't want to be doing this every year or
2 at the most, stain...not seal.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Have a deck that was coated with Thompsons Water seal about 5 years ago by
previous owner.

Would like to re-coat, but with a "better" sealer; perhaps one of the ones
that Olympic offers.

Not sure which is the best; any opinions on ?

Anyway, I understand that Thompson's is basically a wax based sealer.

Therefore, my question is: can I use one of the other sealers available
now over this successfully,
or would the wax content of Thompsons probably prevent absorption of the
new, presumably non wax based,
sealer ?

Thanks,
Bob