Ecnerwal

In article ,
"Camoman" wrote:

What is the best way to take the bark off. Do I have to remove the bark off
the log before I turn it or can I just turn it off.

You'll often save headaches by removing it before turning. Specifically,
dirt collected in the bark tends to dull your tools faster than cutting
clean wood, and chunks of bark flying off can hurt. Neither means that
you can't, or even "shouldn't" turn with the bark on, just things to be
aware of. Depending when the tree was cut, and how fast you get to it,
bark removal methods range from "falls off by itself", through "peels
off by hand" up to "cut off tediously with a drawknife".